Join Our Network
When your non-profit becomes an Affiliate of the Asian Pacific Fund, we offer the following benefits to strengthen your organization and support your work:
- Eligibility for our grant programs
- Eligibility for grants made in consultation with individual private donors
- Notification of funding opportunities as they become available
- Consultation and assistance on working with private donors
- Workshops and trainings on capacity building or relevant issues impacting the API populations you serve
- Inclusion in our San Francisco City and County and Alameda County workplace giving campaigns (if eligible)
- Opportunity to be highlighted in our website and publications including our quarterly e-newsletter on current issues impacting the API community
“It is extremely gratifying to see the Asian Pacific Fund be so responsive to input from its affiliates, and to take such interest in making our organizations stronger—beyond giving out funding.”
– Vincent Pan, Co-Executive Director of Chinese for Affirmative Action
Affiliate Eligibility Requirements:
I. Committed to serving the API community by:
- Majority of the population served by your organization (51%) is of Asian or Pacific Islander descent
II. Geographic Focus
- Organization (including headquarters) and program beneficiaries (clients, participants, audience) must be located in one of the 9 Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma and Solano counties.
III. Operational Status
a. Must be a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
b. Have an annual operating budget of at least $50,000 for 3 consecutive years
c. Meets all applicable federal, state, and local registration & reporting requirements for not-for-profit organizations.
If you do not serve a majority of API clients, but provide services to APIs and would like to stay current on issues impacting the API community, you can become an Associate. Contact Joan Van at 415.395.9985 x600 or email@example.com to inquire.
- Workshops and trainings on capacity building or relevant issues facing the API populations you serve
- Quarterly e-newsletter which focuses on current issues impacting the API community