Our mission is to strengthen the Asian and Pacific Islander community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members.
We envision a thriving Asian and Pacific Islander community with presence and impact.
“I like to think of the Asian Pacific Fund as a bridge that connects the diverse spectrum of Asian Americans in the Bay Area. While we celebrate the impressive success in our community, we also acknowledge the great needs, especially among newer Asian American populations. We link donors, who are appreciative of how far they’ve come on their own bridges and know the value of a helping hand, to those just beginning their journeys.”
– Emerald Yeh, Asian Pacific Fund Founding Board Member
Core Areas of Focus
- Philanthropy: We work to increase and mobilize resources from donors, corporations and institutions to support the Bay Area’s underserved APIs.
- Community: We support a network of over 80 affiliate organizations who serve APIs across a wide range of needs including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture.
- Leadership: We cultivate leadership by recognizing current and future API leaders who have achieved success and are role models for giving back and making a difference among our youth, in higher education and in philanthropy.
- Awareness: We bring to light emerging issues as they impact APIs in the Bay Area.