The Center (Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California) strives to meet the evolving needs of the community through offering programs, affordable services and facility usage.
The goals are:
- To manage and maintain a multi‐service community center that is owned and operated by the Japanese American community and is located in San Francisco’s Japantown.
- To organize and provide educational, cultural, recreational and social programs that meet the growing needs, interests and concerns of the community.
- To preserve and promote the Japanese American cultural and historical heritage.
- To enhance understanding and appreciation among the Japanese American community, American public and people of Japan.
- To provide administration and program space for non-profit organizations in the community.