Scholarship and Development Coordinator
Position: The Scholarship & Development Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Scholarship & Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the 12 scholarship programs that the Fund operates on behalf of donors. This includes working with high school students, college admissions counselors, and private donors to design, launch and operate programs that benefit entering and continuing college students. He/she also works closely with the Executive Director and Development and Marketing Manager to maintain and manage donor information.
Scholarship Programs (approximately 60% of the role):
- Coordinates and promotes the 12 scholarship programs that the Fund manages on behalf of major donors. This includes helping donors to develop their guidelines, outreaching to potential applicants, developing and screening applications, setting up and coordinating selection committees, and scheduling interviews with potential recipients.
- Oversees all levels of coordination for annual summer retreat/offsite for 25 scholarship students, including coordination with retreat facilitator, managing travel schedules and determining/developing workshop content.
- Serves as main point of contact for all scholarship recipients to answer questions, obtain their academic information, coordinate academic support, and process and send payments.
Development (approximately 40% of the role):
- Works closely with the Executive Director and provides support with key development activities, including gift processing, managing the donor database, and prospect research.
- Fulfill data and reporting requests, including the production of donor lists, mailing lists, regular progress reports and extractions of data from the database for analytical purposes, mass mailings and email campaigns
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor contact database and biographical information
- Maintain and prepare collaterals for events, such as registration lists, nametags and placecards
- With Administrative Coordinator, coordinate mass mailing lists and logistics with mailing house
- Design and execute data integrity projects including returned mail, address updates, mail merge and inactivation processes
- Proofreading Donor Acknowledgement Listings for annual report, gala program, and other published lists.
- Provide donor history and records to staff and Board as requested
- Assist with Fund programs and events throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree with 2-4 years work experience
- Extremely detail-oriented with exceptional follow through
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Experience working with youth, ages 18-22, ideally in a mentoring capacity
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Proficiency or knowledge of Salesforce as donor management system (System Administrator certification a plus)
- Ability to gather, analyze and summarize information including numerical and financial data while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Team player, self-motivated, must be able to work independently as well as collectively to complete daily tasks
- Belief in the mission of the organization and commitment to serving the Asian American community in the Bay Area
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
Compensation and Start Date
This full-time position offers a non-profit salary commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, medical, dental and vision insurance, and the option of participating in a pre-tax transit benefit program and/or a voluntary 403(b) retirement savings plan. Ideal start date is July 15, 2015.
Application Process – PLEASE READ CLOSELY:
Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line beginning with this exact phrase: “SDC 2015: Your Name.” Please tailor your cover letter to this job posting. Email submissions that do not follow these instructions may not be reviewed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.