Ways To Help
Below is a list of ways to get involved and/or help to stand in solidarity with the Asian American and Pacific Islander community in this moment.
- New York Magazine’s editors vetted and created this list of organizations that support Asian American, South Asian and Pacific Islander communities. Find one that resonates with you.
- Support Asian-owned businesses/restaurants in your area
- Be informed with facts – here’s a link to the latest report from Stop AAPI Hate
- Do a bystander training as a team/group event: Hollaback! offers free trainings
- Download Asian American Federation’s Anti-Hate Safety Resources or watch their Self-Defense Strategies To Keep Yourself Safe in the Streets videos.
- Social media is a great way to raise awareness around issues. Simply reposting, retweeting and sharing information with your followers can lead others to take action.
- Start conversations with your family, friends and colleagues to talk about what’s happening.
Find ways to support your own mental health and that of other AAPI friends and family members