Congratulations to our 2016 Winners!
Thanks to everyone who entered the 2016 contest. You all have contributed to making this year’s program another success!
Check out the winning entries below:
Look out for the commemorative 2016 Growing Up Asian in America poster coming to Bay Area libraries next month during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month!
2016 Contest Theme:
In celebration of the 2016 Olympics to be held in Rio de Janeiro this summer, we invite you to think about one person in your life you would honor with a gold medal. Who would you honor—whether in your family, school or community—and why?
- Is there someone you look up to, such as a role model?
Who is it, and why?
- What would the honor of the gold medal be for? What does this person do that is extraordinary or special to you?
- What does giving someone a gold medal mean to you?
- What would the gold medal look like? What symbols or emblems would be illustrated in the medal, and why are they significant?
- How would you present your gold medal?