Donor Advised Funds
For over 20 years, donors passionate about giving back to our community have chosen Donor Advised Funds as a powerful and strategic vehicle for their philanthropy. There are several benefits to establishing a Donor Advised Fund:
- Management of all administrative and due diligence details allowing donors to focus on their values and vision.
- Expert staff with in-depth knowledge to help donors develop charitable giving strategy and goals. We are an exceptional partner for donors especially interested in giving back to the Asian community in the Bay Area.
- Grants administration and processing.
- The opportunity to name a Donor Advised Fund.
- The ability to name successors to continue a family legacy of philanthropy.
- Immediate tax deduction – up to 50% of adjusted gross income for cash, and 30% for appreciated assets.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does it work?
Donor Advised Funds can be established with a minimum gift of $5,000. The gift is tax deductible and can be used to recommend grants to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations when and as donors wish. Gifts may be made in the form of cash, stock, real estate, and other non-cash assets.
Can I give money to anyone through my Donor Advised Fund?
You may recommend grants to any qualified 501(c)(3) public charity or operating foundation in the United States and to international organizations with the same status. All recommended grants are subject to the Asian Pacific Fund’s standard due diligence review. The minimum amount for grants recommended by donors is $250.
The Asian Pacific Fund can also help you select worthy organizations to support. Our staff will work closely with you to understand your interests and passions, and match you with non-profits who are leaders in that issue area. Many donors find a cause close to their hearts in our network of 75 Bay Area Asian non-profit organizations.
How do I get started?
Establishing a Donor Advised Fund is an easy process that can be done in a single day. You may download and review a fund agreement here. Please contact Michael Nobleza, Vice President, at 415-395-9985 x200 or email@example.com to get started.