How to Help During COVID-19
The information listed below has been provided by our affiliates and is subject to change.
APF COVID-19 Response Fund
Our nonprofits on the front lines have been faced with immense challenges during this pandemic which you can read about here. Please support them by making a donation today and help us reach our goal of $100,000, which will be matched dollar for dollar. Click on the donate button on the upper right or DONATE HERE.
Food Pantry: Help with food pantries for four organizations that serve communities in or nearby SF Chinatown. The responsibilities include:
- Unload and move food
- Pack food into grocery bags for all participants
- Hand participants grocery bags
- Clean up the distribution area
Volunteer Sign Up: volunteersignup.org/KMLRK
Home Meal Delivery: Call for healthy volunteers who are willing to drive their own cars to deliver around 20 meals each day per volunteer to seniors.
Send your name, email and phone number to Anni Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pack & Deliver Meals: Urgent need for volunteers to help with Chinatown CDC food programs.
- Existing food programs that have existed before COVID-19 and will exist after COVID-19. These are grocery type programs such food pantries and bagged groceries, and monthly boxed programs.
- Hot meal programs established after Shelter In Place that is delivered to our SRO and public housing sites.
- SRO Family Take Out program where residents go to a designated Chinatown restaurant to pick-up their meals.
Volunteer Sign-Up: https://bit.ly/2wkrbzV
Asian Health Services: Seeking non-sterile gloves, goggles, face shields (3/4 length or full length), hand sanitizer, surgical masks, wipes and gowns.
Donations may be mailed to Asian Health Services, 101 8th Street, Suite 100, Oakland, CA 94607 Attn: Vicky Mak or drop off between Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you are dropping off items, please contact Vicky Mak at 510-735-3145, and the staff will come out to get the donations.
North East Medical Services (NEMS): Seeking gloves, goggles, face shields, hand sanitizer, surgical masks, N95 masks, wipes and gowns.
Donations may be mailed to NEMS, 2171 Junipero Serra Blvd. Suite 310, Daly City, CA 94014 Attn: Andrey Chow. Questions? 415-352-5004 or email@example.com. If you would like to drop off items at one of their clinics, please contact Andrey Chow to arrange for drop off during the week.
The Asian Pacific Fund bears no responsibility for the accuracy of the content and links.